Celebrate Yuletide with Easy and Festive Treats
‘Tis indeed the season to be Jolly! Yes, being Jolly with family and friend—that’s what Christmas is all about. Why not pull out all the stops and celebrate the occasion in the most decadent (yet hassle-free)
‘Tis indeed the season to be Jolly! Yes, being Jolly with family and friend—that’s what Christmas is all about. Why not pull out all the stops and celebrate the occasion in the most decadent (yet hassle-free) way?
Whip up three specialty recipes with a “Jolly-fied” twist that are sure to warm up your Yuletide celebrations.
They are great treats to enrich any spread or as thoughtful food gifts for loved ones and friends. These quick and oh-so-practical recipes courtesy of JOLLY, the country’s top canned vegetable and fruit brand, are sure to please palates while bringing holiday cheers and fondest memories.
CHICKEN IN GRAVY
1 kl. chicken pieces (preferably thighs & drumsticks)
1 tsp. Iodized salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tbsps. Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
1 large white onion, sliced into rounds
1 cup Jolly Whole Kernel Corn, drained
1 can (400 gms.) Jolly Whole Mushrooms, drained, halved
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups water
1 cup Jolly Cow Fresh Milk
1 pc. chicken broth cube, crushed
2 tbsps. parsley, chopped
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large pan set over medium heat. Fry chicken and onions together until golden, about 8-10 minutes. Toss in Jolly Whole Kernel Corn and Jolly Whole Mushrooms until just heated through. Transfer to container and set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat butter until melted. Add flour and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly whisk in water and milk until mixture becomes smooth. Add chicken broth cube, chicken pieces, and vegetables, then simmer for 20 minutes, covered, until chicken is cooked through.
4. Garnish with parsley before serving.
5. Yield: Serves 6
N.B. Preparation time: 5 mins./Cooking time: 45 mins.
COCONUT CHOCO FONDUE WITH FRUIT SKEWERS
1 can (440 ml) Jolly Coconut Milk
1/2 kl. dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 can (825 gms.) Jolly Peach Halves, drained, chopped
1 can (565 gms.) Jolly Lychees, drained
12 pcs. fresh strawberry, halved
1. Heat Jolly Coconut Milk in a pot until almost boiling. Stir in chocolate pieces and mix well until melted. Keep warm and set aside.
2. Alternately thread Jolly Peach Halves, Jolly Lychees, and strawberries through skewers.
3. Serve fruit skewers with warm coconut choco fondue.
Yield: Serves 6
N.B. Preparation time: 10 mins./Cooking time: 5 mins.
NO-BAKE FRUIT COCKTAIL PIE
2 cups chocolate graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsps. unsalted butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 packs (250 gms. each) all-purpose cream
1 can (850 gms.) Jolly Tropical Fruit Cocktail, drained
1 (6 oz.) Jolly Maraschino Cherries, drained
1. Mix graham crackers, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Press mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan. Place in freezer 10 minutes or until set.
2. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl until smooth. Fold in all-purpose cream.
3. Spread filling over crust and top with Jolly Tropical Fruit Cocktail and Jolly Maraschino Cherries.
4. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight to set.
5. Yield: Serves 8
N.B. Preparation time: 30 mins., plus overnight refrigeration
***JOLLY is a canned fruits and vegetable line marketed and exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corp. For more updates, visit jolly.com.ph