HEARTY COMFORT FOOD
There’s nothing like a plate of hot noodles to perk up a damp and dreary day. With our fickle weather, that is, intense heat in the morning and thunderstorm or sudden downpour in the afternoon
There’s nothing like a plate of hot noodles to perk up a damp and dreary day. With our fickle weather, that is, intense heat in the morning and thunderstorm or sudden downpour in the afternoon or late evening, it’s great to get a warm welcome home with hot noodles on the table.
Good Life premium vermicelli comes to the rescue—here’s a dish that can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. This Sotanghon Guisado is a comfort food we all love and it’s made even better with Good Life (distributed in the Philippines by Fly Ace Corp.) vermicelli.
For most Pinoys, calamansi and patis would be a good accompaniment for the sautéed vermicelli.
SOTANGHON GUISADO ALA GOOD LIFE
250 gms. Good Life Premium Vermicelli
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. palm oil
1 pc. medium-sized carrot, cut into strips
1 pc. medium-sized onion, chopped
1 pc. chicken breast, thinly sliced
6 pcs. mushroom, thinly sliced
¼ cup fish sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup annatto oil
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup snow peas (chicharo)
4 pcs. spring onions, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak Good Life Premium Vermicelli noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Set a pan over medium heat and sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon palm oil, add onion until cooked.
- Add sliced carrots, mushrooms, chicken, fish sauce, soy sauce, annatto oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil until cooked.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock. Then add the soaked Good Life Premium Vermicelli and snow peas.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle chopped spring onions on top.