RUN FOR A CAUSE “Takbo! Breast Friends” 2017
Soroptimist International of Ortigas & Environs to join the fun run for breast cancer awareness to help both patients and survivors. Enriqueta “Baby” Doble of Soroptimist International of Ortigas & Environs, once more calls on everyone
Soroptimist International of Ortigas & Environs to join the fun run for breast cancer awareness to help both patients and survivors.
Enriqueta “Baby” Doble of Soroptimist International of Ortigas & Environs, once more calls on everyone to participate in the annual “Takbo! Breast Friends” (TBF) on October 8. Assembly time is at 5:00 a.m. at Tiendesitas, Fontera Verde, Ortigas Center.
Takbo! Breast Friends has the following features:
● Free clinical breast examination and breast screening done on the site of the run. Hundreds of runners, among them policewomen, avail of this service.
● Breast Self-Examination (BSE) Demo—Soroptimist Ortigas wants to emphasize that early detection is the key to fight brest cancer. The BSE Demo is always a welcome treat to the runners. The BSE is a monthly habit they they encourage women to practice.
● Another feature is a short session of Pinoy Laughter Yoga.
● A warm up exercise is always awaited by the crowd.
● Runners can avail of free photos from the TBF and Wacoal Photo Booth.
● Freebies are given to all runners and these maybe claimed at the TBF Redemption Counter.
● A Certificate of Finish is awarded to runners who finish the race within the time allotted.
● Cash prizes and medals are awarded to the top three winners in all categories.
Some benefits enjoyed by Soroptimist Breast Friends Forever (SO-BFF):
● Breast cancer survivors of Soroptimist Ortigas automatically become members of SO-BFF. Members are enjoined to play an active role in updating the personal data of the cancer survivors of Soroptimist Ortigas and the status of their condition.
● Breast cancer survivors meet every year and speakers are invited to give hope, comfort and support to the survivors and their families.
● Occasionally, SO gives indigents fee mammogram certificates. They also help patients get discounted rates for mammograms.
● Occasionally, SO receives donation of a few pieces of female breast prosthesis. These are given free to their breast cancer survivors for free.
● Soroptimist Ortigas is able to refer patients in advance stages of breast cancer to hospitals and other support groups for further treatment.
Ms. Doble and Soroptimist Ortigas hope to address the following with support received from Takbo! Breast Friends:
● further promote awareness of breast cancer
● help provide access to early detection, medical care and treatment for breast cancer.
For details, please email: email@example.com or check out its FB page: Soroptimist International of Ortigas & Environs