Keep Kids Healthy With Jolly Baon
Growing and active children need plenty of energy and correct nutrition to fuel their minds and bodies. For Moms, preparing their daily school baon could be a challenge. Well, fret no more Moms—here are exciting, delicious
Growing and active children need plenty of energy and correct nutrition to fuel their minds and bodies. For Moms, preparing their daily school baon could be a challenge.
Well, fret no more Moms—here are exciting, delicious and fun baon suggestions from Jolly, the country’s leading canned vegetable brand. Every can of Jolly has no artificial preservatives—just water, salt and citric acid are used. All ingredients are canned at the optimal point of freshness, thus ensuring a consistent quality of the vegetables.
So Moms, whip up the yummy and healthy lunchbox treats below—prepared by Moms no less.
CORN AND HOTDOG FRITTERS
(by Mommy Luchie, tweenselmom.com)
1/3 cup Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon butter, melted
2 pieces eggs
1/3 cup Jolly Cow Fresh Milk
1 can (425 grams) Jolly Whole Corn Kernels, drained
3 to 4 pieces jumbo hotdogs, diced into small pieces
½ cup cheddar cheese, diced into small pieces
½ cup Good Life Bread Crumbs
- Heat Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil in a ceep pan.
- In a bowl, combine Jolly Whole Corn Kernels with remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Mix well until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a portion and form into a ball then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat procedure with the remaining ingredients.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Serve with mayo-ketchup dip.
(by Mommy Peach, mommypeach.com)
For the meatballs:
4 tablespoons Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
250 grams ground beef
250 grams ground pork
1 can Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, drained & chopped
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 piece egg
2 tablespoons bread crumbs or all purpose flour
Salt & pepper to taste
For the gravy:
3 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 piece beef cube, dissolved in
3 cups water
1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup
½ cup sour cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Chopped parsley for garnish
To prepare/cook the meatball:
- Heat Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil in a non-stick skillet and sauté onion until translucent. Set aside.
- Combine ground pork, ground beef, Jolly Mushrooms, sautéed onions, allspice, nutmeg, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Scoop ½ tablespoon of the meat mixture and form into a ball. Repeat procedure until all the remaining mixture is done.
- Add remaining olive oil into the pan and fry meatballs in batches until golden brown. Set aside.
To prepare/cook gravy:
- Melt butter in the same pan, whisk the all purpose flour until brown. Add beef broth and Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup while whisking.
- Continue whisking the mixture until free of lumps. Add sour cream; season with salt and pepper.
- Put the meatballs into the mixture and bring to a simmer while stirring constantly. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Jolly products are distributed by Fly Ace Corp., one of the country’s leading food and beverage consumer goods
companies. Jolly products are available in leading supermarkets nationwide.